2nd Week of March


Weather dipped back to seasonal norms. Low 60s. Sunny. Gusty. Windy. (What is the difference between "windy" and "breezy" in meteorological terms?)

Today, Monday March 9th, it is raining--gently. When I woke Gloria this morning, I said, "Listen... it's raining!" She made a delighted little squeal. "I thought maybe it was the humidifier being noisy." Rain, a little bit of soft rain.

All my plants are in a heap in Gloria's yard, where Linda and Teresa graciously helped convey them last weekend. G watered them this week. And my heart swelled to see that the echinacea is sprouting new leaves (I thought I had killed it by cutting back on water so drastically through the winter)! Also thought the tiny plants in my Household goddess, Roadkill, were dead, but see some green here and there.

Rain and daylight saving time: we should all be sleeping late.

Moving: ALMOST OUT - ALMOST OUT - ALMOST OUT! Everything of mine, except for cleaning supplies and my stunning enormous blooming(!) aloe, is out of the house and yard at Fruit Ave. Several small loads in the garage... recycling, storage, Saavers & Teresa/Linda. But oh my!! Now, poor Gloria's house--that's another matter. I told her I was excited about the next phase... the fluffing and nesting. The Home-making. She toasted me last night over a lovely dinner. "Welcome home," she said. We kissed, making lovely ringing sounds with a gentle touch of our crystal glasses.


Eric's current signature file...
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
-Talking Heads, Crosseyed and Painless
.

Comments

Popular Posts