Not All Who Wander Are Lost

About half an hour ago, as I was heading out the door for some fresh air, a cricket caught my eye. He or she was ambling along the hallway in the building where I work, carrying a small bug (Lunch?! I didn't know they ate other bugs, but this didn't look like taxi service). The cricket was moving purposefully. But trekking across a vast, shiny tile walkway, he or she was definitely not in his or her natural habitat. I knelt and against the struggling creature's will, scooped it up and transported it outside, depositing it in a nearby planter.

When I came back half an hour later and opened the door to come back into the building, I glanced down and there was a cricket, zooming over the threshold, determined to get into the building! Now you tell me...

Comments

Popular Posts